- Information & Support
- Get Involved
- About us
- PSPA Shop
PSPA is committed to fundraising in an honest and transparent way.
We are completely reliant on the goodwill and generosity of our supporters to fund our work, and as such we believe that giving to us should be a positive and rewarding experience.
Our Supporter Promise clearly outlines our commitment to you when you choose to support PSPA.
As a supporter of PSPA you are at the heart of everything we do, and we believe that donating to us should be a positive and rewarding experience.
Our Supporter Promise:
We have high standards
- Adheres to the Code of Fundraising Practice
- Monitors fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this promise
- Complies with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising
- Displays the Fundraising Regulator badge on fundraising materials to show we are committed to good practice.
We are clear, honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive
- We are clear about who we are and what we do
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent
- We are able to explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause, if challenged
- We ensure our complaints policy is clear and easily accessible
- We provide clear and evidence-based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We are respectful
- We respect your rights and privacy. Your data is safe with us. We take our obligations very seriously and we will never sell your data to third-party organisations
- We do not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- We have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances. Read our Vulnerable Supporter Policy for more information
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so. We will work with the Telephone, Mail and Fundraising Preference Services to ensure that those who choose not to receive specific types of communication don’t have to.
We are fair and reasonable
- We will treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We are accountable and responsible
- We will do all we can to ensure that our fundraisers, volunteers and third party agencies working with us comply with all fundraising regulations and this promise
- Where we work with third party agencies, we will provide training and monitor their work. We will act quickly if they do not meet the high standards we set
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us, and our Fundraising Team is on hand to help answer any queries you may have
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done, you can contact to make us aware of a concern or a complaint using our complaints policy. If we make a mistake, we will apologise and do everything to put things right. However, if we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication
- We monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.
If you have any questions please contact our Fundraising team via firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01327 322410 and they will be happy to help.