Applications for PSPA Small Research Grants are welcome from all career stages and professionals residing in the UK, with an interest in neurodegenerative conditions.
Funding will be awarded to fund several small projects up to £5,000 in value. Bigger projects up to £10,000 will also be considered after discussion with PSPA’s Research Committee.
Grants are tenable for between one and 24 months.
The grants are available to the award-holder only for direct research expenses (including but not limited to research assistant time and equipment, excluding replacement teachings, research lead salaries, computers).
Applications will be considered by a panel of independent research experts who will recommend appropriate projects for funding to the charity’s Board of Trustees.
What are PSPA’s priorities?
This is an open call based on the PSPA Research Strategy, projects related to the following are welcomed:
- Prevention and causes
- Improved diagnosis, reduced misdiagnosis
- Drug discovery and targeted treatments for the underlying causes
- Improved interventions for the treatment of the all the symptoms of the conditions for people living with PSP & CBD
- Patients’ involvement in research
Especially within the remit of PSPA members led priorities:
- Awareness of PSP & CBD How can we better inform GP’s, primary care practitioners and the general public about these conditions?
- Diagnosis of PSP & CBD How can we improve development of diagnostic tests, speed up diagnosis rates for people and reduce the incidence of misdiagnosis?
- Living with PSP & CBD How can we ensure the best care is available in the community for both patients and carers?
- Prevention and causes of PSP & CBD How can we help identify the causes by studying the influence of genetic, dietary, or other environmental factors? And through this discover how can it be prevented?
- Treatments for PSP & CBD In the absence of treatments for PSP & CBD what can be done to improve the quality of daily life of people with PSP & CBD, and how can we involve patients in clinical trials?
Collaborative enterprises between two or more teams will be welcomed but are not essential. Projects led by Allied Health Professionals are welcomed.
For further information and to apply for funding please download the PSPA Small Grant Application Form and our grant terms and conditions. Return any completed applications to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 31 July 2022 at 5pm.